Wednesday 21 September 2016

Budget Birthday Parties

So my little 2 year old had his birthday a few weeks ago. It is not the easiest thing trying to host a Birthday Party on a budget.

When I started I gave myself a $100 budget. I needed to feed everyone and get some decorations and a cake. I had nearly 30 people at his party.

So here is how I did it:

Instead of hiring anything I choose a local lovely park with free BBQ and great room for kids to play and a playground area, it also had a few large gazebo areas with tables and toilets. 'So location, tick'

When it came to food and 30 odd people my heart started speeding up in panic, so I decided on the most easiest thing that 90% of people like, Hot Dogs. Not only is it easy, it is cheap and not much mess, I also bought homebrand chips and lollies. I also got dips that were on special and homebrand crackers. When it came to the cake I spotted in Woolworths that they had little Disney design cakes, which were only $20. 
I knew the cake wasn't going to feed everyone so I also made my cupcakes. (You can see the cupcake recipe blog on my page) 

I also bought paper plates and napkins just the cheap ones. (No need for expensive ones if your just going to throw them out.) Food Tick.

When it came to decorations I grabbed some cheap table clothes from Red Dot and I went through my party container at home and found a few balloons, and a few other decorations. Decorations Tick.

So at the end of the day when I sat down and worked out everything, my total expense was $98. $2 under my budget. Not bad.. 

The kids all had a great day. We had some left over bread and sausages so we gave it to the local volunteer fire brigade that were doing some training nearby. They where so grateful they let little Devon & the other kids have a go with one of the small fire hoses. So we even scored some free entertainment.
 So at the end of the day I realised SIMPLE is better and more fun for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment